Case Study: Business Valuation
An Engineering firm who are the UK and Irish distributor of a well known Norwegian specialist lifting equipment brand, approached Alpha Financials to undertake an independent business valuation and to present the results to a prospective American trade buyer.
- Reviewed existing business plan and adjusted before being inputted into the base valuation model.
- Discussed and agreed on key risks and opportunities
- Drew up sensitivities and modelled financial forecasts
- Produced consolidated financial estimates for the American parent company, incorporating fluctuating exchange rates, margins on inter-company sales and US tax rates
- Presented results to purchaser, with various changes to the sensitivities and entire scenarios being demonstrated and agreed upon in a key negotiating meeting.
- Provided a summary of the financial results for confirmation by the parent